|Build of Windows Longhorn|
|Kernel version||NT 6.0|
|CPU Architecture||x86, AMD64|
|BIOS date||October 2, 2003|
Windows "Longhorn" build 4051 (with a build tag of 4051.idx02.031001-1340) is a Milestone 7 build of Windows "Longhorn" and is also the build given to attendees of Microsoft's Professional Developers Conference of 2003. It leaked on October 20, 2003.
- Documents and Photos and Videos libraries.
- The prefix "My" was dropped, resulting in new names for locations Computer, Network Places and Contacts.
- If the Windows Sidebar is enabled in the 32-bit version, the word "Start" is removed from the Start button (similar to later builds of Windows Vista). The x64 version lacks the sidebar completely.
- Internet Explorer 6.05 included an add-on manager, a download manager, pop-up blocker, and a tool to quickly delete browsing history.
- Only the basic sidebar tiles are included: Classic Tray, Clock, Quick Launch, Slide Show and Sync.
- Self-Healing NTFS.
- Windows Codename "Longhorn PDC" Build 4051 Tweak Guide by Chris123NT and Nighthawk
- Paul Thurrott's Windows "Longhorn" build 4051 Gallery - Part 1
- Paul Thurrott's Windows "Longhorn" build 4051 Gallery - Part 2
- Paul Thurrott's Windows "Longhorn" build 4051 Gallery - Part 3
- Paul Thurrott's review of Windows "Longhorn" build 4051
- Paul Thurrott's list of tips & tricks for Windows "Longhorn" build 4051
| The following article is a stub.
You can help BetaArchive Wiki by expanding it.