FTP Server Access
also known as FTP Access Group
What benefit does having access to the FTP servers have?
- More than 9000GB of betas and abandonware.
- Up to 100Mbps* download speeds.
- Un-throttled 24/7 access (Subject to 50GB/day download limit).
- Your name will turn red!
- 4096bit encryption for your security and to prevent throttling by your ISP.
- It's all FREE! (But please donate if you like it!)
* Subject to routing, latency and network conditions.
Why do you have to join a group for the FTP servers?
The reasons are simple. We have limited resources, and if we gave it to everybody without them earning it, the site would quickly fail. Also, the community would never survive and we would quickly end up with a dead and useless website. BetaArchive thrives because of its community, so by becoming a part of it, you get rewards such as access to the FTP servers.
How do I get access to the FTP servers?
You will required to contribute a unique release to our archive that meets the following criteria:
1. The software has to be properly dumped using recommended software:
Floppy: Raw image using WinImage, dd or similar software producing an img/ima file. If you have a KryoFlux device (or similiar) a stream dump will be preferred.
CD/DVD: Alcohol 120% (MDF format), CloneCD or CloneDVD (CCD fomat). No ISO format unless it's provided as such by the vendor.
2. You have to provide photographic evidence that the software is original:
Where possible, provide unaltered full high resolution scans (minimum 600dpi in TIF, PNG or BMP formats only (no other formats please)) of the media, packaging, covers and additional material (preferred).
Produce a high quality photo (minimum 600dpi) of the original product to prove it is original.
3. You need to properly name the release with full title, version, year of manufacturing and language (where known).
Any additional information should be added into an additional textfile. Example: Microsoft Windows 3.1 (3.10.103) (1992-03-10) [English].
4. All material must be compressed into an archive file before upload.
RAR and 7z are acceptable archive formats. Use at least 1% recovery record in case of bit errors during upload.
You will need to connect to our upload FTP server to contribute your file. Create a folder with your forum username and upload your file there. Once done, apply to the group as shown below.
Donations will NOT get you access.
Donations are non-refundable.
Even if you donated, you still have to contribute for access. Sorry.
Rules of the FTP Access Group:
The following will result in loss of FTP Access Group membership:
- Leaking or sharing of FTP login details with anyone (including other members).
- Excessive bandwidth usage despite warnings to reduce it.
- Constant server hammering despite warnings.
- Breaking any of the other regular forum rules.
Once you lose your FTP Access Group membership you will never be able to get it back.
If you have read the rules above, you can now apply by clicking the link below.
--> Apply For FTP Access <--
I have applied for FTP Access, but I don't have access yet. Why?
- All applications are manually reviewed by our FTP administrator, mrpijey.
- Application processing can take up to 7 days, so you must be patient. It takes time to verify your upload.
My application was rejected. Why?
- A reason for rejection will be PM'ed to you on the forum.
- We are not able to provide any more information than is given in the PM.
I keep getting rejected, why won't you accept my files?
- A reason will be given to you when a file is rejected.
- You should be sure the release is unique and is worthy before uploading. You may contact mrpijey, our FTP admin, if you are unsure if it is worth uploading.
- Multiple rejections may lead to you permanently being rejected access to the FTP.