Microsoft KB Archive/926229
Article ID: 926229
Article Last Modified on 11/30/2007
- Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe
- Microsoft Money 2007 Home & Business
- Microsoft Money 2007 Premium
- Microsoft Money 2006 Deluxe
- Microsoft Money 2006 Premium
- Microsoft Money 2006 Small Business
- Microsoft Money 2006 Standard
- Microsoft Money 2005 Deluxe Edition
- Microsoft Money 2005 Premium Edition
- Microsoft Money 2005 Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Money 2005 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe
- Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business
- Microsoft Money Plus Premium
When you try to open the Microsoft Money home page, Money may stop responding or close. Additionally, the Money home page may take a long time to appear.
You may also receive an error message that resembles the following:
This issue may occur when you move around Money, for example when you visit the Reports area.
This issue may occur because the following modules on the Money home page require that Money calculate the results from your existing transactions:
- Investment Performance
- Spending Tracker
- Spending by Category
If there lots of transactions for Money to process, the process can take a while to finish. Additionally, statement downloads that have not yet been accepted into the appropriate Money register can cause this issue. To verify that this issue is caused by statement downloads that have not been accepted, your account registers will indicate lots of "transactions to read."
To resolve this issue, accept all the transactions that have been downloaded. Depending on your version of Money, you can use the Accept All option or manually accept each transaction.
See Money's Help for more information about how to reconcile, accept, and match your online transactions. To make this process easier, follow these steps:
- Temporarily disable your Internet access.
- Start Money, and then choose the option to work offline.
- Enable Money to run overnight to process the transactions.
- Use the Accept All option or manually confirm the transaction matches that Money proposes.
- Confirm that all the accounts (regular and investment) no longer have statements that have to be processed.
- Close Money.
- Re-enable your Internet access.
- Restart Money, and then confirm that the problem has been resolved.
To resolve this issue, remove the Spending Tracker module or the Investment Performance module from your Money Home page.
Note If your Money Home page does not have either of these modules, try to remove other modules that do appear.
To customize your Money Home page, follow these steps:
- Open the Money Sample.mny file. This file is located in the following Money installation folder:
C:\program files\microsoft money <
- On the Tools menu, click Settings.
- Click Program Settings.
- In the Display area, click Account List in the Start Money with this page open list.
- On the File menu, click the name of your Money file, and then verify that your Money file opens correctly.
- If you can open your Money file correctly, customize the Money home page settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Settings.
- Click Home page display settings. In Microsoft Money 2005 and Microsoft Money 2006, click Home page display options.
- In the Change Layout box, click Spending Tracker, and then click Remove.
- Click Done.
- Click Home to verify that Money's home page will load. If the Money home page does not load, repeat step 6 to remove the Investment Performance module.
- If you want to reset Money to start on the Money home page, follow steps 2 through 4.
Additional query words: tabbing
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kberrmsg kbprb KB926229