Microsoft KB Archive/253925
Article ID: 253925
Article Last Modified on 2/21/2007
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253925
When you create a Connection Agreement, on the From Exchange tab or on the From Windows tab there are four choices of objects to replicate:
Exchange: Mailboxes, Custom Recipients, Distribution Lists, Public Folders
Windows: Users, Contacts, Groups, Public Folders
If you need the search and replace criteria to be more specific, perform the procedure in the "More Information" section.
CAUTION: The following procedure is not supported. Use at your own risk! Additionally, if any of the objects are changed in the Active Directory Connection Manager, the custom search filter will be lost. Also, to back up the search filters requires you to run Ldifde.exe on the modified filter.
- Use the LDP utility to view the directory tree, and locate the Connection Agreement.For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
252335 XADM: How to Use Ldp.exe to View Entire Directory Tree and Locate the Microsoft Exchange Container
- In the attributes associated with the Connection Agreement is the msExchServer1SearchFilter attribute. It contains settings similar to the following:
These are the settings that need to be modified. The msExchServer1SearchFilter attribute is the filter that is used from Active Directory to Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5. The attribute settings need to be modified to only include those objects that you want to be replicated to Exchange Server 5.5. You cannot modify these settings through the user interface; you must use LDAP, or you can use the following method.
NOTE: If you want to replicate from Exchange Server 5.5 to Active Directory, follow the same steps but modify the msExchServer2SearchFilter attribute.
- Start Exchange System Manager, and create a new Address List.
- Create a custom filter that only includes those objects that need to be replicated to Exchange Server 5.5.
- Open the filter properties, and then copy the filter rules.
- Open the LDP utility, and then locate the Connection Agreement.
- Right-click the Connection Agreement, and then click Modify.
- In Attribute, type the following attribute name (note that it IS case sensitive):
- In Value, paste the Address List filter that you created in step b.
- In Operation, click Replace, click Enter, and then click Run.
If the filter does not work the way that you expected, modify the Address List filter, and then follow the preceding steps again.
Additional query words: x2kgentop x2kadctop
Keywords: kbhowto KB253925