Microsoft KB Archive/173038
HOWTO: Apply the Slide Shader to a Picture File Sequence
PSS ID Number: Q173038 Article last modified on 09-15-1997
IRIX:3.51,3.7; WINDOWS NT:3.51,3.7
IRIX NT WINDOWS
The information in this article applies to:
- Softimage 3D for IRIX, versions 3.51, 3.7
- == Softimage 3D for Windows NT, versions 3.51, 3.7 ==
This article is provided as a solution to problems you may encounter when trying to apply the slide shader to a picture file sequence. If you are unsuccessful at getting the shader to function properly, try the following:
Note that the Material shading will affect the result. Therefore, start with a Lambert shading, making both Ambient and Diffuse the same color.
- Apply the animated texture sequence (2D or 3D) to an object such as a Primitive Grid or a model of a Face.
- From the Material editor, add a Transparency value (e.g. 0.5).
- Shine a spotlight through the object.
Now the object’s animated texture will project a pattern on the surface of any object the Spotlight hits.
If you have any questions concerning the information contained in this article, contact email@example.com by e-mail.
Additional query words: si si3d si3dren
Keywords : kbgraphic Version : IRIX:3.51,3.7; WINDOWS NT:3.51,3.7 Platform : IRIX NT WINDOWS Issue type : kbhowto ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1997.