Microsoft KB Archive/171823
Article ID: 171823
Article Last Modified on 11/18/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q171823
If you use the code "Implements Hyperlink" and then try to access the NavigateTo method of the Hyperlink object in the code window, you will get an Application error.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This bug has been fixed in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2.
For more information on the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170365 INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
For a list of the Visual Basic 5.0 bugs that were fixed in the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
171554 INFO: Visual Basic 5.0 Fixes in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Run Visual Basic or, if Visual Basic is already running, choose New Project from the File menu (ALT, F, N). Form1 is created by default.
- Add the statement "Implements Hyperlink" to the code window.
- Select Hyperlink from the object list of the code window.
- Select NavigateTo from the Declarations list for Hyperlink object. Note that you should receive an application error.
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvbp500sp2fix kbvs97sp2fix KB171823