Difference between revisions of "Microsoft KB Archive/171050"
(importing KB archive)
m (Text replacement - """ to """)
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
= <span id="KB171050"></span>Event ID: 1005
= <span id="KB171050"></span>Event ID: 1005 Name service is unavailableis logged =
Latest revision as of 10:05, 21 July 2020
Article ID: 171050
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171050
The Exchange Server system attendant service (SA) may become unstable, stop when you attempt to use the Exchange Administrator program, or produce one of the following error messages when you try to start it:
This problem may be caused by incorrect configuration of the network service RPC Configuration.
To resolve this problem in Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel / Network and click the Services tab.
- Select the RPC Configuration service and click Properties.
- Confirm that the Name Service Provider box has Windows NT Locator and not DEC cell Directory Service.
- Click OK and restart the Exchange Server computer.
To resolve this problem in Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, follow these steps:
- Right-click My Network Places, and then click Properties.
- Right-click the network adapter, and then click Properties.
- Click Client for Microsoft Networks, and then click Properties.
- In the Name service provider box, click Windows Locator, and then click OK twice.
- Restart the Windows computer.
Keywords: kbprb kbusage KB171050