Difference between revisions of "Microsoft KB Archive/170586"
(importing KB archive)
m (Text replacement - """ to """)
|Line 97:||Line 97:|
and then double-click the selected text to go to the
and then double-click the selected text to go to the Apply conditional formats to cellstopic.
Latest revision as of 11:05, 21 July 2020
Article ID: 170586
Article Last Modified on 10/19/2000
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170586
In Microsoft Excel, when you select more than one worksheet, and then insert a new column, conditional number formatting may not be shifted to the next column. The conditional number formatting of the active sheet is shifted to the next column, however it may not be shifted on the other sheets.
This problem occurs when you attempt to shift the conditional number formatting while worksheets are grouped.
To work around this problem, ungroup the worksheets before you insert the additional columns. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click the sheet tab of one of the selected worksheets.
- On the shortcut menu, click Ungroup Sheets.
You can then insert the columns for each sheet of the workbook.
If the problem already occurred, copy the conditional number formatting. To do this, follow these steps (repeat these steps for each sheet as necessary):
- Select the column with the conditional number formatting.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- Select the destination column for the conditional number formatting.
- On the Edit menu, click Paste Special.
- Under Paste in the Paste Special dialog box, click Formats, and then click OK.
- Select the column with the original conditional number formatting (the column you selected in step 1).
- On the Edit menu, point to Clear, and then click Formats.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
For more information about conditional formatting, click the Index tab in Microsoft Excel Help, type the following text
formatting cells, conditional
and then double-click the selected text to go to the "Apply conditional formats to cells" topic.
Additional query words: group edit mode
Keywords: kbprb KB170586