Microsoft KB Archive/169033
Article ID: 169033
Article Last Modified on 9/20/2007
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office Excel 2003
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
This article was previously published under Q169033
When you print more than one worksheet in a workbook, only the first worksheet is printed duplex.
If you turn on the duplex option in the Printer Properties dialog box while the workbook you are printing is currently open, the duplex option will only be applied to the active worksheet.
To have the duplex option apply to all worksheets in your workbook, do the following:
NOTE: The following steps were performed with an HP LaserJet 4si MX set as the default printer.
- Open your workbook.
- On the File menu, point to Print, and then click Properties.
- On the Paper tab, click More Options.
- In the Paper - More Options dialog box, select the one of the duplexing options, and then click OK.
- Click OK in the Printer Properties dialog box.
- Repeat this for every sheet in the workbook.
When you print your workbook, all worksheets will be printed with the Duplexing option.
NOTE: Microsoft realizes that having to set the print properties individually on each sheet is very inconvenient for large files, and is considering a fix for a future version.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
For more information about printing workbooks, click the Index tab in Microsoft Excel 97 Help, type the following text
and then double-click the selected text to go to the "Print the active sheets, a selected range, or an entire workbook" topic.
Additional query words: XL97 XL
Keywords: kbbug kbprint KB169033