Microsoft KB Archive/929769
Article ID: 929769
Article Last Modified on 2/1/2007
- Microsoft Office Business Scorecard Manager 2005
This article describes the Microsoft Office Business Scorecard Manager 2005 compatibility release.
Issues that this compatibility release fixes
This compatibility release fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you install Business Scorecard Manager 2005 on a computer that has Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 or Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 installed, the Setup program does not detect an extended site. Therefore, the Setup program is not completed successfully.
Note This compatibility release enables users to install the Business Scorecard Manager 2005 Web Parts to a SharePoint Server 2007 Web site or to a Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Web site. This compatibility release does not fix the deployment functionality that is provided in Business Scorecard Manager Builder. To deploy a Web Part, you must publish the scorecard in Business Scorecard Manager Builder. Then, you must manually open the Web page and add the required Business Scorecard Manager Web Parts.
For more information about how to do this, see the "Publishing Scorecards to Microsoft Office SharePoint Services 2007 (MOSS 2007)" white paper. The white paper is located at the following Microsoft Web site:
Additionally, this compatibility release contains all the previously released updates for Business Scorecard Manager 2005.
This compatibility release will be available in January 2007 for the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified)
This compatibility release will be available in the first quarter of 2007 for the following languages:
- Chinese (Traditional)
Note This compatibility release will be available for all languages on the April 2007 TechNet CD-ROMs.
Compatibility release information
The compatibility release for Business Scorecard Manager 2005 is now available from Microsoft. However, it is only intended to correct the problem that this article describes. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the compatibility release. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
- At the end of January 2007, volume-licensed customers can obtain the compatibility release for the currently available languages from Microsoft Volume Licensing Services (MVLS).
- At the end of January 2007, subscription-based customers can obtain the compatibility release for the currently available languages from MSDN or TechNet.
The following list contains prerequisites for the compatibility release:
- You must remove Business Scorecard Manager 2005 from the computer before you install the compatibility release. To remove Business Scorecard Manager 2005, use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
Note Business Scorecard Manager 2005 files that you created, such as the scorecards or the database, are not removed from the computer when you uninstall Business Scorecard Manager 2005.
- If you install the compatibility release on a computer that also has SharePoint Server 2007 or Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 installed, select the application pool of the Business Scorecard Manager Web service. Do this so that the application pool does not run any Microsoft .NET 2.0 sites.
For example, create a separate application pool for the Business Scorecard Manager Web service and assign this application pool only to the Business Scorecard Manager Web site.
Note If the application pool that is running the Business Scorecard Manager Web site also runs a .NET 2.0 site, there will be process conflicts. Additionally, neither of the Web sites will function as expected.
This compatibility release replaces the following update rollups:
For more information about these update rollups, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
912059 Description of Update Rollup 1 for Business Scorecard Manager 2005: February 1, 2006
912129 Description of Update Rollup 2 for Business Scorecard Manager 2005: March 20, 2006
912130 Description of Update Rollup 3 for Business Scorecard Manager 2005: June 27, 2006
920701 Description of Update Rollup 4 for Business Scorecard Manager 2005: August 28, 2006
Additional query words: bsm2005 bsm2k5 WebPart
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter atdownload kbbug kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbbsm2005postrtmfix kbqfe KB929769