Microsoft KB Archive/912129
Article ID: 912129
Article Last Modified on 6/15/2006
- Microsoft Office Business Scorecard Manager 2005
This article describes the Microsoft Office Business Scorecard Manager 2005 issues that are fixed in the update rollup 2 that is dated March 20, 2006.
This article describes the following items about the update rollup:
- The issues that the update rollup fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update rollup.
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the update rollup.
- Whether the update rollup is replaced by any other update rollup.
- The files that the update rollup contains.
Issues that the update rollup fixes
This update rollup fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- You create a scorecard that contains a key performance indicator (KPI). When the scorecard is deployed, you receive the following error message:
This problem may occur when the following conditions are true:
- A fixed value data source is used for the actual values and the target values for the key performance indicators (KPI).
- The Fixed current value field or the Fixed previous value field is set to null (blank).
- The detailed properties for the actual values or the target values for the KPI are set to override the default display format.
- You create a scorecard that contains nested KPIs. When the scorecard is deployed, you receive the following error message:
Additionally, you receive a System.IndexOutOfRangeException error message in the event viewer. This problem may occur when one of the following conditions is true:
- A child KPI has different targets than the parent KPI.
- A child KPI has more targets than the parent KPI.
- You create a scorecard that contains text and images. When you deploy the scorecard, the text may shift upward. This problem may occur when the following conditions are true:
- The detailed properties for the actual values or the target values for the KPI are set to Show text.
- The detailed properties for the actual values or target values for the KPI are not set to Show roll-up.
- You add a report view at the objective level to a scorecard, click to select the Render as image check box, and then deploy the scorecard. When you click the objective, the report does not appear as expected. Additionally, a red X appears instead of the expected report view.
- If the name of a dimension member contains a comma, only the part of the name that comes after the comma appears.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Update Rollup 2 package now. Release Date: March 20, 2006
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file. Note When you install Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Office Business Scorecard Manager 2005, all the hotfixes for Update Rollup 1 will also be installed. For more information about Update Rollup 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
912059 Description of Update Rollup 1 for Business Scorecard Manager 2005: February 1, 2006
The following list contains prerequisites for the update rollup:
- Update Rollup 2 can be installed on all original release versions of Business Scorecard Manager 2005 or on Update Rollup 1. This update rollup supersedes Update Rollup 1.
NoteUpdate Rollup 2 is not supported on the pre-release version or the trial release version of Business Scorecard Manager 2005.
- Update Rollup 2 contains two .msp files for each language. Both builder and server .msp files must be deployed together to make the update rollup work. Therefore, all the builder-targeted computers must install the builder .msp file. Additionally, all the server-targeted computers must install the server .msp file. If you deploy one .msp file without the other, unexpected results may occur. Additionally, this configuration is not a supported configuration.
You may have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This update replaces Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft Office Business Scorecard Manager 2005.
You do not have to create any registry keys or modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that this package contains.
This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists.Business Scorecard Manager 2005 Update Rollup 2 is a cumulative update. This update is available for the following languages:
Business Scorecard Manager 2005 Update Rollup 2 contains the following .msp files:
Both .msp files must be deployed to resolve the issues that are listed in the "Issues that the update rollup fixes" section. If only one .msp file is installed, the issues will not be resolved. Additionally, unexpected problems may occur. The English version of this update uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
|File name||File size||Date||Time|
Business Scorecard Manager BuilderAfter the update is installed, the English version of this update has the file attributes, or later file attributes, that are listed in the following table.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Business Scorecard Manager ServerAfter the update is installed, the English version of this update has the file attributes, or later file attributes, that are listed in the following table.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
- For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
For more information about the terminology that Microsoft uses for software that is corrected after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Additional query words: bsm2005 bsm2k5
Keywords: kbfix kbqfe kbhotfixrollup atdownload kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixserver kbbsm2005postrtmfix KB912129