Microsoft KB Archive/928887
Article ID: 928887
Article Last Modified on 9/11/2007
- Duet for Microsoft Office and SAP
You may experience the following symptoms on a client computer that is running Duet for Microsoft Office and SAP:
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 may not initialize and synchronize as expected. Additionally, you may receive the following error messages.
- A primary client computer may start responding as if it were a secondary client computer. Additionally, you receive the following error messages when you double-click the UtilityError icon in the notification area.
You may receive the following error messages when these symptoms occur.
Error message 1
Error message 2
This problem may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- The client computer contains multiple network adapters.
- The network adapter on the client computer has been replaced.
Note There may be other reasons for these error messages.
Verify with Microsoft support that you are experiencing this specific problem when you request the hotfix. Because the hotfix makes a significant logic change to the primary and secondary identification, we strongly recommend that you apply the hotfix on all Duet for Microsoft Office and SAP clients in an environment. We do not recommend that you apply the hotfix on only a few Duet for Microsoft Office and SAP clients in an environment.
How to obtain the hotfix
This issue is fixed in the Duet for Microsoft Office and SAP Hotfix Package that is dated December 3, 2006. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
928954 Description of the Duet for Microsoft Office and SAP hotfix package: December 3, 2006
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbclients kberrmsg kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbbug kbfix kbpubtypekc KB928887