Microsoft KB Archive/924612
Article ID: 924612
Article Last Modified on 10/16/2007
- Microsoft Office Basic 2007
- Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
- Microsoft Office Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007
- Microsoft Office Access 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
- Microsoft Office OneNote 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
For a Microsoft Microsoft Office 2003 and Microsoft Office XP version of this article, see 816951.
When you upgrade to the original release version of 2007 Microsoft Office programs, you may experience one of the following symptoms:
- When you perform an Install Now installation, you are not prompted to type your information in the Full Name field or in the Organization field.
- When you perform a Customize installation, one of the following issues may occur on the User Information tab in the Setup program:
- If a beta release of a 2007 Office suite or another 2007 Office program was previously installed, the Full Name field and the Organization field are already populated.
- If a version of Microsoft Office or an Office program has never been installed, the Full Name field is populated.
- If an earlier version of Office was installed, but not a 2007 Office suite or a 2007 Office program, the Full Name field and the Initials field are populated. However, the Organization field is not populated.
This issue occurs because the registry stores information for the fields from an earlier installation of 2007 Office programs or from an earlier version of Office.
To work around this issue, make corrections to the Full Name field or to the Organization field on the User Information tab when you install the 2007 Office programs.
If the 2007 Office programs are already installed, you must remove the programs from the computer. Then, reinstall the programs by using the Customize option in the Setup program.
Additional query words: office2007 office2k7 office12 off2007 off2k7 off12 access2007 sccess2k7 access12 acc2007 acc2k7 acc12 excel2007 excel2k7 excel12 xl2007 xl2k7 xl12 infopath2007 infopath2k7 infopath12 inf2007 inf2k7 inf12 onenote2007 onenote2k7 onenote12 on2007 on2k7 on12 outlook2007 outlook2k7 outlook12 ol2007 ol2k7 ol12 powerpoint2007 powerpoint2k7 powerpoint12 ppt2007 ppt2k7 ppt12 project2007 project2k7 project12 prj2007 prj2k7 prj12 sharepointdesigner2007 sharepointdesigner2k7 sharepointdesigner12 spd2007 spd2k7 spd12 visio2007 visio2k7 visio12 vso2007 vso2k7 vso12 word2007 word2k7 word12 wd2007 wd2k7 wd12
Keywords: kbtshoot kbsetup kbprb kbexpertisebeginner KB924612