Microsoft KB Archive/255500
Article ID: 255500
Article Last Modified on 9/14/2004
- Microsoft Office 2000 Service Pack 1
This article was previously published under Q255500
When you click Update Windows from the Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1 (SR-1) Update, you may receive the following error message:
This error message appears if all of the following are true:
- You are attempting to update to Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 by clicking Update Windows on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server Edition. -and-
- You are running the update from a network share. -and-
- You are using the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) in the path, for example:
To resolve this issue, map a drive to a letter and run the Windows Update from the drive letter. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click the Start button, and then select Explore to open Windows Explorer.
- Click Tools, and then click Map Network Drive.
- Select the drive letter that you want to map to from the Drive drop-down list.
- In the Path dialog box, type the path to your network installation point for the Office 2000 SR-1 Update.
- Click OK, and then access the Office 2000 SR-1 Update files by checking your mapped drive.
For additional information about how to obtain and install the Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a Update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
262580 OFF2000: How to Apply the Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a Update to Windows NT4.0 Terminal Server
Additional query words: OFF2000
Keywords: kberrmsg kbtshoot kbprb kbupdate KB255500