Microsoft KB Archive/171538
Article ID: 171538
Article Last Modified on 11/18/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3
This article was previously published under Q171538
The Repository will allow you to add an interface to the root object that has both a property and a relationship. The Repository won't have problems if you add a new relationship to the relationship collection. However, it won't allow you to set the property.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This bug has been fixed in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3.
For more information, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170365 INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
For a list of the Visual Basic 5.0 bugs that were fixed in the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
175450 INFO: Visual Basic 5.0 Fixes in Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Create an interface that has both a property and relationship.
- Retrieve the root object's class object and add the interface.
- Try to set a property from that interface after the TIM has been fully created.
Note that in Visual Basic, an "Automation Error" occurs.
In Visual C++, the following error message is returned:
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvs97sp2fix KB171538