[Request] Longhorn Explorer Beta 2

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Resident007

[Request] Longhorn Explorer Beta 2

Post by Resident007 »

Hello everyone! I am looking for Longhorn Explorer, no matter which version (if someone don't know, it's a Longhorn-styled file manager with fancy animations etc.). Can you help me?

Maza

Re: [Request] Longhorn Explorer Beta 2

Post by Maza »

Perhaps this is what you are looking for? http://sucxces.deviantart.com/art/LongH ... -405091307

You will need software to open the .RAR and .ARC archives. 7-Zip and FreeArc are both free and can be used to open the .RAR and .ARC archives, respectfully.

The program looks exactly like the original "Longhorn" Explorer created by Arkmage, making the uploader's claim of authorship suspect. I have encountered a couple of errors when attempting to browse in folders but other than that the program seems to be working for me.
"We do not view the desktop as a mode, legacy or otherwise."
Windows Vista: Microsoft Speech Center | Windows Vista Saved Search chronicle

Resident007

Post by Resident007 »

Thank u very much! This is what i've been looking for!

Resident007

Post by Resident007 »

Maza wrote:Perhaps this is what you are looking for? http://sucxces.deviantart.com/art/LongH ... -405091307

You will need software to open the .RAR and .ARC archives. 7-Zip and FreeArc are both free and can be used to open the .RAR and .ARC archives, respectfully.

The program looks exactly like the original "Longhorn" Explorer created by Arkmage, making the uploader's claim of authorship suspect. I have encountered a couple of errors when attempting to browse in folders but other than that the program seems to be working for me.
But it's not free. Can I download it free somewhere?

gus33000
Location: Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

Post by gus33000 »

It's free, the first button is for donating to the guy on Deviant Art, below you have a download button.

Resident007

Post by Resident007 »

okay, already downloaded. Thanks