Windows Server 2008/6.0.4066.main.040226-1010
Longhorn Server build 4066 (identifies itself as Windows .Net Standard Server 2003, with a build tag of 4066.main.040226-1010) is a pre-reset Windows Server 2008 build. It was originally described by Grabberslasher in his UX.Unleaked blog entry on May 1, 2008 and leaked on December 20 of the same year.
The build uses the old repacked i386 method of installation, rather than the new WIM image extraction method. Oddly, Longhorn Server build 4028 uses the WIM image extraction method.
Although it was described a "Server" build, it contained features typically seen in Longhorn client builds. These include:
- Desktop Window Manager
- Glass - It can be activated by the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+Shift+F9". (Note that compatible hardware is needed for this to run.)
- Aurora - "3D view" option on View Options
- Phodeo - "Panorama" option on View Options
- Sidebar - with most of the tiles seen in build 4074.idx02.040425-1535
- Windows Media Player - a version of WMP that was apparently intended to replace the traditional one bundled with Windows (in this case WMP9, which is disabled by default). This build also included a WMP tile.
Like 4074, the TCP8W-T8PQJ-WWRRH-QH76C-99FBW key can be used to install build 4066.
- Si vis pacem, para bellum: 6.0.4066.0.main.040226-1010
- Longhorn Server #6.0.4066.0.main.040226-1010 on the Microsoft Collection Book
- YouTube: Longhorn 4066.main.040226-1010 short demonstration
| The following article is a stub.
You can help BetaArchive Wiki by expanding it.