Microsoft KB Archive/931203
Article ID: 931203
Article Last Modified on 2/22/2007
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 7.0
After you upgrade to Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0, Internet Server API (ISAPI) authentication filters that were created for earlier versions of IIS do not work correctly. Specifically, user mapping functions do not work correctly when an ISAPI filter that is registered for SF_NOTIFY_AUTHENTICATION event handler notifications is used.
Additionally, when you try to change the user ID value or the password value, you experience the following issues.
Note For example, you may try to change the user ID value from pAuth to pszUser. Similarly, you may try to change the password value from pAuth to pszPassword.
- The user is not mapped successfully.
- The response that is returned is based on the original credentials.
ISAPI filters that are registered for SF_NOTIFY_AUTHENTICATION event handler notifications require basic authentication to function. These filters fail in IIS 7.0 if the Basic Authentication feature is not installed.
To resolve this issue, install the Basic Authentication feature for IIS 7.0. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, click Programs and Features, and then click Turn Windows features on or off.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- In the Windows Features dialog box, expand Internet Information Services, expand World Wide Web Services, expand Security, click to select the Basic Authentication check box, and then click OK.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertiseinter KB931203