Microsoft KB Archive/928692
Article ID: 928692
Article Last Modified on 2/28/2007
- Microsoft Expression Web
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
When you open a Web site by using Basic authentication in Microsoft Expression Web on a computer that is running Windows Vista, you may receive the following error message.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
- Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:
- Point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- In the right pane, type BasicAuthLevel to name the new registry entry, and then press ENTER.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 2, and then click OK.
- Restart the computer.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertiseinter KB928692