Microsoft KB Archive/252724
Article ID: 252724
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Conferencing Server
This article was previously published under Q252724
If an Exchange 2000 Server T.120 multipoint control unit (MCU) member server is not manually deleted from the directory, the property pages on the deleted T.120 MCU member can still be loaded. In Exchange System Manager, it seems as if you can start and stop the T.120 MCU service even though the server no longer exists.
If you remove a T.120 MCU member that has Exchange 2000 Server and the conferencing component installed on it from the network without deleting the T.120 MCU from Exchange System Manager, the objects become orphaned in the directory. The Exchange System Manager cannot determine if the server actually is functioning and still displays all the property pages.
The orphaned T.120 MCU has to be removed from the directory before you rebuild the server. To delete a T.120 MCU member:
- Start Exchange System Manager.
- Navigate to the Conferencing container, and then navigate to the Data Conferencing Provider.
- Click Data Conferencing Provider. A list of T.120 MCU servers appears in the left pane.
- Right-click the server to be deleted.
- Click All Tasks, and then click Delete.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server.
Keywords: kbbug kbnofix KB252724