Microsoft KB Archive/247480
Article ID: 247480
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q247480
When you click Hibernate from the Shut Down menu after using a modem connection to the Internet, the Microsoft Windows 2000-based computer does not go into hibernation and you receive the following error message:
When you close all programs and then click Hibernate again, you receive the same error message.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Windows 2000.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE PROBLEM
- In the Power Options tool in Control Panel, click to select the Enable Hibernate Support check box.
- Start Internet Explorer, and then start Dial-up Networking.
- Configure Dial-up Networking to autodial.
- Quit Internet Explorer, and then disconnect the modem.
- Click Hibernate on the Shut Down menu.
Additional query words: shut down power
Keywords: kbbug kbnofix KB247480