Microsoft KB Archive/243579
Article ID: 243579
Article Last Modified on 1/25/2007
- Microsoft Project 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office Binder 2000
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Publisher 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q243579
When you use one of the Microsoft Office programs listed at the beginning of this article, and you use a feature that requires the functions of Microsoft Word, you may experience one of the following symptoms:
- When you try to insert a Microsoft Word Document object into a program, you receive one of the following error messages:
If you click No to the error message, you receive the following error message:
- When you try to edit text in Microsoft Publisher by using the Edit Story in Microsoft Word command, you receive the following error message:
- When you try to use Automation to control Word with the CreateObject function, you receive the following error message when you try to run the code:
Note When you try to perform a mail merge from Microsoft Access, you may receive this error message. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
246018 The automation error 8001010A occurs when you automate Word 2000
- When you try to perform a mail merge from Microsoft Outlook, you receive the following error message:
- When you try to save or print a file, the Save, Save As, or Print dialog box may appear behind your Office program.
- When you start Microsoft Word, you receive the following error message:
- When you try to open a presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint, you receive the following error message:
- In Microsoft Word, when you click the Page Up button or Page Down button on the vertical scroll bar, Word does not continue to the previous page or next page.
- When you click New Letter to Contact in Outlook, you receive the following error message:
This behavior may occur if you have any of the following products installed on your computer.
- Norton AntiVirus 2000
- Norton AntiVirus 2001
- Norton AntiVirus 2002
- Norton SystemWorks 2000
- Norton SystemWorks 2001
- Norton SystemWorks 2002
For more information about the Norton AntiVirus Office Plug-in, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
329820 How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
For more information about your Norton AntiVirus or Norton SystemWorks software, see your product documentation.
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
For information about how to contact Symantec Corporation, click the appropriate article number in the following list to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Additional query words: direct mail hang respond outlook excel Norton SystemWorks 3.0 "Requesting Virus Scan..." XL20 XL2000 WD2002 WD2000 Visual C++ FoxPro loses focus menu file open dialog box print OFF2000 OL2000 PUB2000 PRJ2000 printing PPT2000 officeaviss
Keywords: kbvirus kberrmsg kbtshoot kbdta kbpending kbprb KB243579