Microsoft KB Archive/182137
Article ID: 182137
Article Last Modified on 2/16/2005
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0a
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 6.0 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q182137
After loading the HP LaserJet 4000 TN PCL 5e driver as either the default printer driver in Windows 95 or as the default printer driver in Visual FoxPro, the following error may occur when you try printing several large reports:
When you press the Details button, the following message appears:
This error does not seem to occur when you run Visual FoxPro on Windows NT 4.0 using the Windows NT version of the HP LaserJet 4000 TN PCL 5e driver.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Install the Windows 95 HP LaserJet 4000 TN PCL 5e printer driver on a computer that is running Windows 95.
- Set the LaserJet 4000 TN PCL 5e as the default printer for Windows. The driver can be directed to a file if you do not have an HP LaserJet 4000 printer.
- Create a quick report called Ztest using the Orditems table located in the \Sample\Data folder. The report should use the LaserJet 4000 TN PCL 5e driver as the default.
Place the following code in a program and run the program. The code prints the Ztest report to a text file 1000 times.
USE Home()+"\Samples\Data\Orditems.dbf" FOR i= 1 to 1000 REPORT FORM ZTEST NOCONSOLE TO FILE Ztest.txt DELETE FILE Ztest.txt ENDFOR
Depending on the speed of the computer, this error may take quite some time to appear.
Additional query words: crash GPF hang
Keywords: kbprb kbpending KB182137