Microsoft KB Archive/170780
Article ID: 170780
Article Last Modified on 11/22/2000
- Microsoft Office 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q170780
When you close print preview in Microsoft Binder, you may receive the following error message:
If you click Details, an error message similar to the following appears:
When you click Close, the Microsoft Excel section disappears and the frame of the Binder is blank.
This problem occurs when the following conditions are true:
- You create a Microsoft Excel section that contains an embedded chart in a Binder file.
- The Microsoft Excel section is the active section in the Binder.
- You view the section in print preview while the chart is active.
- You press ALT+TAB or use the Windows taskbar to switch between Microsoft Binder and other programs.
To resolve this behavior, close print preview before you switch between Microsoft Binder and other programs.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
This problem occurs only when you view a section with an embedded chart in print preview. It does not occur when you view a chart sheet or another embedded object in print preview.
Additional query words: XL97 8.00 crash ipf gpf xlgpf
Keywords: kbbug KB170780