Microsoft KB Archive/169612
Article ID: 169612
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169612
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
When you press F1 to bring up a Help topic for a Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition Tools (ODE) ActiveX control while in the Object Browser in Microsoft Access 97, you may receive one of the following error messages:
If you click No, you receive one of the following additional messages:
Cannot find the vbcmn96.hlp file. Check to see that the file exists on your disk. If it doesn't you need to reinstall it. -or- Cannot find the VB5.hlp Help file. Check to see that the file exists on your disk. If it doesn't you need to reinstall it.
Some of the ODE ActiveX controls Help topics are available only through Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0. The following Help topics are not available in Microsoft Access 97:
- Button (Image, Index, ToolTip Text)
- DataObjectFiles (Add)
You must install Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 to view any of the Help topics mentioned in the "Cause" section.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Run Setup for Microsoft Access 97 and Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition Tools (ODE).
- Create a new database and add a reference to Comctl32.ocx. To add a reference to Comctl32.ocx, follow these steps:
- Open a module in Design view.
- On the Tools menu, click References to display the References dialog box.
- Search for the Comctl32.ocx file by clicking the Browse button and searching the Windows\System folder for the file.
- When you find the file, select it, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the References dialog box.
- On the View menu, click Object Browser.
- In the Libraries box, click ComctlLib.
- In the Classes box, click Button.
- In the Members Of 'Button' box, click Image. Press F1.
Note that you receive one of the error messages mentioned earlier in this article.
Additional information about the following ActiveX controls is available in the Microsoft ODE Tools Help:
CommonDialog Control ImageList Control ListView Control ProgressBar Control RichTextBox Control Slider Control Statusbar Control TabStrip Control Toolbar Control TreeView Control UpDown Control Winsock Control
To view these topics, do the following:
- Click the Start menu, point to Programs, point to Microsoft ODE Tools, and then click Microsoft ODE Tools Help.
- On the Index tab, type "ActiveX," and then double-click "ActiveX controls" in the list.
- Choose the topic you want to view.
NOTE: The topics listed in the "Cause" section of this article are also not available in the Microsoft ODE Tools Help.
Keywords: kbother kbprb KB169612