Microsoft KB Archive/169339
Article ID: 169339
Article Last Modified on 1/13/2001
- Microsoft Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q169339
The RepUtil.DLL does not contain Version or Copyright Information. This would stop setup programs from being able to update based on version information, and would also make it difficult or impossible to determine what version is installed.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This has been fixed with Visual Studio Service Pack 1.
For additional information about the Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 1, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
170365 INFO: Visual Studio 97 Service Packs - What, Where, and Why
Steps to Reproduce:
- View the properties of RepUtil.dll in Explorer.
No Version tab.
Full version and copyright information.
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbvs97sp1fix kbvs97sp2fix kbvbp500sp1fix KB169339