Microsoft KB Archive/169092
Article ID: 169092
Article Last Modified on 10/5/2001
- Microsoft FrontPage 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q169092
After you install FrontPage 97, the FrontPage Server Extensions are not installed to the Microsoft Personal Web Server.
This problem typically occurs when
- The computer's host name contains a space or an illegal character.
- The Microsoft Personal Web Server is not running.
To resolve this problem, do the following:
- On the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Network icon to open the Network Properties.
- Click the Identification tab.
- In the Computer Name box, type a name for the computer. NOTE: The name can contain any alpha-number character, including the hyphen (-).
- Click OK.
- Restart the computer.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the FrontPage Server Administrator (fpsrvwin.exe) file. By default this file is located in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft FrontPage\bin folder.
- Install the Microsoft Personal Web Server Extensions.For additional information about how to do this, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
167931 FP97: How to Install FrontPage Server Extensions for MSPWS
- Close the Server Administrator.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: 1.00 MSPWS HTTP Error 500 501 97 front page
Keywords: kbbug kbnofix KB169092