Microsoft KB Archive/168302
Article ID: 168302
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q168302
Novice: Requires knowledge of the user interface on single-user computers.
The information in this article applies to a database that you created by using the Database Wizard and the Time And Billing.mdz template.
Each time that you open the Time Cards form and click the new record navigation button on the form, rather then displaying a new, blank record, the Time Cards Subform displays time card information from another record. This behavior occurs each time that you open the form and add a new record by using the navigation button. The behavior does not occur if you click Data Entry on the Records menu.
NOTE: This behavior also occurs in a Time And Billing database that you upgraded from Microsoft Access 7.0.
Edit the Time Card form to add the TimeCardID field. You can set the Visible property of this field to No if you do not want to see it. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Time Cards form in Design view.
- If the Field list is not already open, on the View menu, click Field List.
- Drag the TimeCardID field from the Field List to an empty space on the Time Cards form.
- If the property sheet is not already open, on the View menu, click Properties.
- Set the Visible property of the TimeCardID text box to No.
- Save the form and close it.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start Microsoft Access, and click to select the Database Wizard button in the opening dialog box. Click OK.
- In the New dialog box, click the Databases tab, and then select the Time And Billing.mdz template. Click OK.
- In the File New Database dialog box, select a folder, type a file name for the new database, and then click Create.
- Click Next on the first screen of the Database Wizard.
- On the second screen of the Database Wizard, click to select "Yes, include sample data," and then click Finish.
- After Microsoft Access creates the database and displays the Main Switchboard form, click Enter/View Time Cards.
- Note the date and project information in the Time Worked box, and then click the new record navigation button at the bottom of the Time Card form.
- Select an employee name in the Employee box on the form, and note that the Time Worked box displays the same information that you noted in step 7.
NOTE: The information is displayed erroneously, but it is not saved with the new record. Only new information that you add to the Time Worked box actually is saved with the new record.
Keywords: kbprb KB168302