Microsoft KB Archive/152659
Article ID: 152659
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q152659
You can connect two Microsoft Exchange Server messaging systems that are in different Microsoft Exchange Server Organizations by using the Dynamic RAS or X.400 connectors. The drawback to this is that no directory information is replicated. To send mail to users in the other Organization, you need to create custom recipients for each account. This article explains how to create these custom recipients.
To create custom recipients for accounts in another Organization, follow these steps (Microsoft Exchange Server 1 and 2 are just examples):
- Extract the users on Microsoft Exchange Server 1 by starting the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program and on the Tools menu, clicking Directory Export.
- Edit the CSV file that you just created and change the Obj-Class column from Mailbox to Remote.
- Start Microsoft Excel, and open the CSV file in it. On the Data menu, click Text to Columns.
- In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard - Step 1 of 3 dialog box, click Delimited, and then click Next.
- In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard - Step 2 of 3 dialog box, in the Delimiters area, click to clear all the check boxes except the Other check box, click to select the Other check box, and in the space provided, type %, and then click Next.
- In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard - Step 3 of 3 dialog box, for each address class except the X.400 address, click Do not import column (skip) and then click Finish. You now have a column labeled E-mail Addresses that contains the X.400 addresses of all your users.
- Cut and paste the addresses under the column labeled E-mail Address.
- Remove the E-Mail Addresses column from the CSV file.
- Import this file into Microsoft Exchange Server 2 by starting the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator program, and on the Tools menu, clicking Directory Import.
Additional query words: Import Export XSRVAdm
Keywords: kbhowto kbusage KB152659