Microsoft KB Archive/134593
How to Modify the Documents Menu
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows 95
This article describes how to add documents to the Documents menu, which lists the documents you have used recently, and how to clear the Documents menu.
To add documents to the Documents menu, follow these steps:
- Using Windows Explorer, open the Windows\Recent folder.
- Add shortcuts to the documents you want.
NOTE: To add a shortcut to the Recent folder, use the right mouse button to click an empty area in the folder, point to New on the menu that appears, and then click Shortcut. This starts the Create Shortcut Wizard to help you create a shortcut. Creating shortcuts in the Recent folder by copying an existing shortcut to the folder or by using the right mouse button to drag a document to the folder does not cause the document to appear on the Documents menu. You must use the Create Shortcut Wizard. To use the Shortcut Wizard to add a document to the Start menu, use the following steps:
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the \Windows\Recent folder, and then open it.
- On the file menu, click New, then click Shortcut.
- When the Shortcut wizard prompts you, browse to the document you want to add, click it, and then click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish.
- Close the folder.
To clear the Documents menu, follow these steps:
- Use the right mouse button to click an empty spot on the taskbar, and then click Properties on the menu that appears.
- On the Start Menu Programs tab, click Clear.
- Click OK.
Additional query words: most recently used mru
Keywords : win95
Issue type : kbhowto
Technology : kbWin95search kbWin95
Last Reviewed: December 15, 2000