Microsoft KB Archive/107365
FIX: Can't Delete Memo Field in Browse Window
2.50a | 2.50a MS-DOS | WINDOWS kbprg kbfixlist kbbuglist
The information in this article applies to:
You can't delete the entire contents of a memo field through a Browse window.
The CONFIG.FP or CONFIG.FPW file contains the CODEPAGE=AUTO command.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in FoxPro 2.5a for MS-DOS and FoxPro 2.5a for Windows. This problem was corrected in FoxPro 2.5b for MS-DOS and FoxPro 2.5b for Windows.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
1. In the CONFIG.FPW or the CONFIG.FP file, add the CODEPAGE=AUTO
2. The code below creates a table containing a memo field and
adds data to the memo field. CREATE TABLE memotest (notes m) APPEND BLANK REPLACE notes WITH "This is a test."
3. Open the table in FoxPro 2.5a for Windows if step 2 was performed in
FoxPro 2.5a for MS-DOS; open the table in FoxPro 2.5a for MS-DOS if step 2 was performed in FoxPro 2.5a for Windows.
4. Browse the table and open the memo edit window. 5. Select all the text in the memo field and press the DEL or BACKSPACE
key. All the text seems to be deleted.
6. Close the memo edit window. Note that the "M" in memo is still
capitalized, indicating that the memo still contains something.
Additional reference words: FoxDos FoxWin 2.50a buglist2.50a fixlist2.50b KBCategory: kbprg kbfixlist kbbuglist KBSubcategory: FxenvConfigfp Solution Type : kbfix
Last Reviewed: October 14, 1997