Microsoft KB Archive/107088
Article ID: 107088
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail Gateway to Fax 3.0a
This article was previously published under Q107088
When you are installing the Microsoft Fax Windows printer driver, the Send Fax command does not automatically install under the Word for Windows menus.
When the Word for Windows directory (usually, WINWORD) is not part of the current MS-DOS path, the installer does not check further to see if it is installed on the workstation. The path is normally set from the AUTOEXEC.BAT file and usually contains the path to the Word for Windows executable files.
Manually install the Send Fax command by using one of the following two methods:
- Remove the Microsoft Fax driver from the Windows Control Panel.
- Quit Windows.
- Add Word for Windows to the path line of the AUTOEXEC.BAT file.
- Reboot the computer and go back into Windows.
- Install the Microsoft Fax driver again.
- The path is no longer required for the driver and can be changed back to its original state.
Run the FAXAUTO.DOC file from the Microsoft Fax disk. This automatically installs the Send Fax macro, then exits to Windows.
The Microsoft Fax printer driver is included with the Microsoft Mail version 3.2 server package and with version 3.0a of the Microsoft Mail Gateway to Fax.
Additional query words: 3.00a manual