Microsoft KB Archive/104900
Article ID: 104900
Article Last Modified on 10/2/2003
- Microsoft FORTRAN PowerStation 1.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Fortran PowerStation 1.0a for MS-DOS
This article was previously published under Q104900
Page 522 of the "Language Guide" lists the following as DEC VAX FORTRAN Extensions supported by PowerStation:
- The Q edit descriptor returns the length of the input line
- Inline variable length formatting (i.e., I<ln>, where "ln" is an integer variable).
- The call intrinsics %val, %descr, %ref, and %loc, which specify the method used to pass arguments to routines.
- Specifying the filename for a unit in an environment variable.
This information is incorrect, and the above features are not supported by Microsoft FORTRAN PowerStation for MS-DOS.
The Online documentation for FORTRAN PowerStation 32 contains the correct information.
Strike the following lines from page 522 of the "Language Guide" shipped with Microsoft FORTRAN PowerStation for MS-DOS, versions 1.0 and 1.0a:
- Q Edit descriptor for FORMAT statement.
- Inline variable-length formatting (for example, FORMAT ('I<test>'), where test = 5).
- Call intrinsics (%val, %descr, %ref, %loc).
- Unnamed file opens getting their name from an environment variable, rather than by query on the terminal.
Additional query words: FORTRAN-77 nofps ANSI