Microsoft KB Archive/103715
Article ID: 103715
Article Last Modified on 8/16/2005
- Microsoft Visual Workbench for Windows
This article was previously published under Q103715
The caret in the Visual Workbench switches back to the Source window if you change a memory location while the Source window is minimized.
Although the Memory window has its caption highlighted, the caret is in the Source window. Clicking the Memory window to retrieve the caret doesn't work.
First give focus to a different window, then give it to the Memory window. For example, first click the Source window with the mouse cursor and then click the Memory window to move the caret to the Memory window.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the products listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Visual C++ 32-bit Edition version 2.0.
To reproduce this problem:
- Create a simple Hello World console application.
- Build the application for debug.
- Minimize the Source window.
- Open a Memory window and go to an address where you can change its contents, possibly the "Hello, world" string.
- Change any character in "Hello, world." When the first character is pressed, the Source window pops up and the caret is now in the Source window, but the Memory window has the focus.
Additional query words: cursor mouse 1.00 1.10
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbide KB103715