Microsoft KB Archive/100046
Chart Legend Displays in Reverse Order
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Graph, versions 3.0, 3.0a, 3.0b
- Microsoft Windows versions 3.0, 3.1
Microsoft Graph displays the elements of a chart legend in the reverse order of how the elements appear in the chart. This is a design feature. Graph does not include a feature to change the order of the elements in the chart legend.
The reverse order of the legend elements is most noticeable when you apply the 3-D Bar Chart format to your chart and select display option 1, 2, 4, or 5. By default, the blue bar displays on top in the chart and on the bottom in the legend.
If you want change the order of the elements in the chart legend, you can use the workaround below.
IMPORTANT: The following workaround converts your Microsoft Graph object to a Microsoft Draw object. After you use this workaround, you can no longer open your chart for editing in Microsoft Graph. If you double-click the chart, it opens in Microsoft Draw.
- Select the embedded Microsoft Graph chart.
- From the Edit menu, choose Copy.
- Position the insertion point below the chart and then start Microsoft Draw.
- In Draw, choose Paste from the Edit menu to paste the chart.
- Modify the chart or the chart legend as desired.
- From the File menu, choose Update.
- From the File menu, choose "Exit And Return...."
Two copies of the chart now appear in the client: the first is a Microsoft Graph object and the second is a Microsoft Draw object. Delete the Graph object.
Additional query words: 3.00a 3.00b reverse backwards upside macppt winppt down ole linking embedding opposite MSGraph PowerPoint
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: January 14, 2000