| The following article is a stub.
You can help BetaArchive Wiki by expanding it.
System 0.85 is the earliest leaked version of the Apple Macintosh operating system. It was the base for the Guided Tour disk that came with the original Macintosh 128K. A non-tour version exists as well, however, it is able to boot only on special development hardware.
- System icons are of a prototype Macintosh with a Twiggy drive,
- Rounded folder icons,
- The about box scene is much more simpler, done in MacPaint by Susan Kare, and is in the code, not a resource,
- The Alternate disk (Unknown Disk) system is present,
- Grim Reaper icon in resources (unused).
- The Caps key crashes the machine and sometimes corrupts the display memory,
- Alternate Disk system, although unusually unscrapped, goes to the RAM. Opening any application destroys this data,
- Scroll bars do not grey out when there is no scroll space,
- May not work with some applications.