Microsoft KB Archive/93424
Article ID: 93424
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 2.0 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q93424
If you try to change the Name of a control to the same name as an existing Property name, an Unrecoverable Application Error (UAE) or General Protection (GP) fault occurs when you attempt to run the program.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Standard and Professional Editions of Microsoft Visual Basic for Windows, version 2.0. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Visual Basic version 3.0 for Windows.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Start VB.EXE.
- Add a combo box and a text box to Form1.
- Press the F4 key to activate the Properties Window. Select the Name property of the Text1 text box. Change the name from 'Text1' to 'Text'.
Add the following code to the Form_Load event procedure of Form1:
Forms(0).text.height = 30 Print Forms(0).combo1.text
- Press the F5 key to run the program, and a UAE/GP Fault error occurs.
To prevent this error from occurring, change the Name property back to 'Text1'.
Additional query words: buglist2.00 fixlist3.00 2.00 3.00
Keywords: kbbug kbfix KB93424