Microsoft KB Archive/933847
Article ID: 933847
Article Last Modified on 8/24/2007
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Starter
This article describes the new features and the fixes that are contained in the Windows Vista Secure Digital (SD) rollup package.
New features that are enabled in this package
The following new features are enabled in this package:
- Support for SD High Capacity (SDHC) cards that are 8 gigabytes (GB) or larger in Windows Vista.
- Support for dual voltage (1.8-volt and 3.3-volt) Secure Digital/MultiMediaCards (SD/MMC) cards in Windows Vista.
- Support for Secure Digital Input Output (SDIO) cards in Windows Vista.
SDIO cards use an interface that adds functionality for a range of devices, such as GPS devices, Ethernet adapters, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth adapters, modems, scanners, fingerprint readers, bar-code readers, IrDA adapters, FM radio tuners, TV tuners, digital cameras, hard drives, and so on.
Note Specific hardware is required to take advantage of these new features. For example, the computer must have a supported SD Controller to use SDHC, SDIO SD, or MMC cards.
Issue that is fixed in this package
In addition to the new features that are enabled, this package fixes a problem in which the SD card may occasionally stop responding after a Windows Vista-based computer resumes from sleep (S3) or from hibernation (S4).
To install the Windows Vista SD rollup package, visit the following Microsoft Web page, and then install update 936825:
Hotfix 933847 is replaced by the following update:
936825 Availability of the Windows Vista Secure Digital (SD) rollup package
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Additional query words: bugcheck crash SDIO input output i/o memory leak power management bus
Keywords: kbinfo kbbug kbfix kbqfe kbpubtypekc atdownload kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixserver kbwinvistapostrtmfix KB933847