Microsoft KB Archive/933709
Article ID: 933709
Article Last Modified on 9/7/2007
- Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows
- Microsoft XBox 360 Video Game System
- Microsoft Xbox
When you use the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows, you experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- You cannot install the software.
- The green light on the receiver does not illuminate.
- You cannot connect an Xbox 360 wireless accessory.
This behavior can occur for several reasons. For more information, see the relevant part of the "What To Try" section.
THINGS TO TRY
You cannot install the software
- Make sure that the computer meets or exceeds the following minimum system requirements:
- Operating system and processor
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 1 (SP1), or a later version of Windows
- Pentium 300-megahertz (MHz) or faster processor
- Memory and storage
- At least 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM
- At least 150 MB megabytes of hard disk free space
- At least one available powered USB 2.0 port
- Disc drive
- Operating system and processor
- Examine the disc for scratches or smudges. If you notice smudges, clean the disc with a clean soft dry cloth.
- If the disc is damaged, follow one of these steps:
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site to download and install the drivers:
- Visit the following Xbox Web site to contact Xbox Technical Support to request a replacement disc:
The green light on the receiver does not illuminate
- Examine the USB connection. Verify that you connected the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows to a powered USB 2.0 port on the computer.
- In Device Manager, verify that the receiver is working correctly.
- Update or reinstall the drivers for the receiver.
- Try to avoid exceeding the amount of power that the USB bus can provide:
- Connect the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows to a powered USB 2.0 port on the back of the computer.
- Remove any unnecessary USB devices.
- Try again.
Note If this resolves the issue, it is recommended that you add your other devices to a powered USB 2.0 hub.
You cannot connect an Xbox 360 wireless accessory
- Verify that the accessory is an officially licensed Xbox 360 wireless accessory.
- Examine or replace the batteries to make sure that you have fully charged the batteries in the Xbox 360 wireless accessory.
- Move the receiver away from other devices that could interfere with the wireless communication between the receiver and the Xbox 360 wireless accessory.
Note Devices such as wireless routers, cordless telephones, and microwave ovens can generate wireless interference.
- If the light on the receiver is not illuminated, examine the USB connection between the receiver and your computer. Make sure that the receiver is connected to a powered USB 2.0 port.
Obtain more help
For more information and for support options for your Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows, visit the following Xbox Web site:
Do not try to repair the wireless gaming receiver
Do not try to disassemble, service, or modify the Xbox 360 console, the power supply, or any accessories. If you do this, you may put yourself at risk of serious injury or death from electric shock or fire. Such actions will also void your warranty.
Keywords: kbinfo kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbxboxperipherals kbxbox360pacrimportal kbxbox360americasportal kbxbox360europeportal kbxbox360ext KB933709