Microsoft KB Archive/933651
Article ID: 933651
Article Last Modified on 8/30/2007
- Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC
- Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC Phone Edition
When you try to open an e-mail message while the e-mail message is downloading on a Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0-based device, you may receive an error message that resembles one of the following messages:
To work around this problem, do not try to open the e-mail message while it is downloading.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Configure the mobile device for push mail. Also, configure the device to download only headers.
- Send an e-mail message to the device. Include one or more attachments in the e-mail message.
- Tap Send/Receive to download the e-mail message to the device.
- Open the message, tap Get entire message, and then close the message.
- Tap Send/Receive to download the e-mail attachments to the device.
- When the status says Receiving 1 of 1, tap the message to open it.
- You will see one of the error messages that are mentioned in the "Symptoms" section.
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB933651