Microsoft KB Archive/933419
Article ID: 933419
Article Last Modified on 4/2/2007
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
In Windows Vista, the preview window that displays video from a camera device no longer works after you wake the computer from sleep. The preview window may stop responding. For example, this problem may occur if you preview the video from the camera by using a program such as Windows Live Messenger, and then you put the computer put to sleep while the video is still playing.
This problem occurs if the computer is configured not to require a password when the computer wakes up.
To work around this problem, set the Require a password on wakeup option to Yes. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Change plan settings, and then click Change advanced power settings.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Expand Require a password on wakeup, and then select Yes in the Setting box.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbnofix kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertisebeginner KB933419