Microsoft KB Archive/93244
Problems Importing Graphics from Micrografx Designer Plus OLE
1.00 1.10 1.10a 2.00 2.00a 2.00a-CD 2.00b 2.00c 6.00 WINDOWS kbgraphic kbinterop
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Word for Windows, versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.1a, 2.0, 2.0a, 2.0a-CD, 2.0b, 2.0c, 6.0
If you cannot import a graphic image created in Micrografx Designer Plus OLE using the Insert Object command in Word, you may need to use one of the following workarounds:
- In Designer Plus OLE, select the graphic and copy it to the Windows Clipboard.
- Switch to Word.
- From the Edit menu, choose Paste or Paste Special.
From the Insert menu, choose Object. In the Object Type box, select Designer 3.1 Drawing and choose the OK button.
Note: If you select Picture, Bitmap, or Device Independent Bitmap in the Paste Special dialog box and then choose the Paste button instead of the Paste Link button, double-clicking the image in your Word document will open Microsoft Draw instead of Designer Plus OLE.
- In Designer plus OLE, select the graphic, then choose Export from the File menu.
- Export the image using Micrografx Designer 3.0 format.
- Switch to Word, and insert the new graphic by selecting the Insert menu and choosing Picture. Select Micrografx Designer from the List Files of Type list box.
According to Micrografx, Inc., Designer Plus OLE is compatible with Windows version 3.1. The latest release of Designer Plus OLE (May 1992) supports the object-linking-and-embedding (OLE) protocol and the TrueType font technology found in Windows 3.1.
For more information on or support assistance with Micrografx Designer, call Micrografx Technical Support at (214) 234-2694.
Designer Plus OLE is manufactured by Micrografx, Inc., a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, express or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
Additional query words: 2.00a 2.00a-CD 2.00b 1.10a convert filter drw msdraw export transfer conversion word6
Issue type :
Last Reviewed: November 4, 2000