Microsoft KB Archive/931987
Article ID: 931987
Article Last Modified on 3/16/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
When you try to sequence Microsoft Visio Viewer 2003 in Microsoft SoftGrid, Visio Viewer starts and then immediately shuts down.
This problem may occur if Visio Viewer searches for specific registry keys only under the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT subtree and not under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER subtrees.
When the sequence is finished, all registry keys and values that are located on the Virtual Registry tab under REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES must be imported into the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT subtree of the SoftGrid Client Virtual Registry when you start the application. In Visio Viewer, file type associations are sensitive to a trailing space. By default, the &Open command uses the following notation:
However, Visio Viewer shuts down when it encounters the space between "%1" and %*.
You can modify the &Open command from the SoftGrid Management Console or from SoftGrid Client Management, depending on the environment. If you use the SoftGrid Management Console to modify the &Open command, the SoftGrid Client is updated when the Desktop Configuration is updated. To modify the &Open command, follow these steps:
- From Administrative Tools, start the SoftGrid Management Console or SoftGrid Client Management.
- Expand File Type Associations.
- Right-click the file type, and then click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Select &Open, and then click Edit.
- In Parameters, change "%1" %* to "%1".
- Click OK two times, and then exit the SoftGrid Management Console or SoftGrid Client Management.
Keywords: kbhowto kbexpertiseinter KB931987