Microsoft KB Archive/931946
Article ID: 931946
Article Last Modified on 12/4/2007
- Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office XP Personal
- Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition
- Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition
Consider the following scenario:
- You have configured Microsoft Windows Server 2003 to run as a terminal server.
- You make a connection between a scanner or a digital camera and the terminal server.
- You connect to the terminal server by using the Remote Desktop Connection feature.
In this scenario, the From Scanner or Camera menu option is unavailable in the following Microsoft Office XP and Microsoft Office 2003 programs during the terminal session:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
This behavior occurs because Office products are not designed to support TWAIN devices in an environment in which multiple users have concurrent access.
Note In this scenario, TWAIN devices are scanners or cameras that are physically connected to the terminal server.
Additionally, the Remote Desktop Connection feature cannot be connected to TWAIN devices that are used as local resources for capturing images.
This behavior is by design.
Additional query words: OFFXP OFF2003
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertiseadvanced kbexpertiseinter KB931946