Microsoft KB Archive/931814
Article ID: 931814
Article Last Modified on 3/10/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
This article discusses known issues with Microsoft SoftGrid and the Lotus Notes Client. Additionally, this article contains information about how to resolve the issues.
Consider the following scenario. SoftGrid is configured to handle various file types. This includes the file type that has an .nsf extension. This file type is associated with Lotus Notes. When you double-click a Lotus Notes file that has an .nsf extension, you find that the Lotus Notes Client does not start. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
When you double-click a Lotus Notes file that has an .nsf extension, the Lotus Notes Client requires that the parameters that are passed to it are not enclosed in quotation marks. By default, the SoftGrid Client passes parameters that are enclosed in quotation marks.
Version 4.1 and later versions of the SoftGrid components
To resolve this behavior in version 4.1 and in later versions of the SoftGrid components, use the SoftGrid Management Console to configure the file type association. To do this, follow these steps:
- From Administrative Tools, start the SoftGrid Management Console.
- Expand SoftGrid Systems
<server_name>, and then click Applications.
- Right-click the application that has the file association, and then click Properties.
- Click the File Associations tab.
- Click the appropriate extension, and then click Edit.
- Click Open, and then click Edit.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click &Open, and then click Edit.
- For Parameters, type %1 %*, and then click OK for all related dialog boxes.
- Exit the SoftGrid Management Console.
Version 3.2 and earlier versions of the SoftGrid components
To resolve this behavior in version 3.2 and in earlier versions of the SoftGrid components, add the QUOTEFIRSTARG attribute to the .osd file within the CODEBASE element. Additionally, set the attribute to FALSE. To do this, follow these steps:
- Edit the .osd file in a text editor.
- Type QUOTEFIRSTARG="FALSE" within the <CODEBASE /> element. The following example shows the correct format:
<CODEBASE QUOTEFIRSTARG="FALSE" />
- Save the .osd file, and exit the text editor.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Keywords: kbhowto kbexpertiseinter KB931814