Microsoft KB Archive/931743
Article ID: 931743
Article Last Modified on 5/10/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise Edition
When you try to accept a meeting request in Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access, you receive the following error message:
If you click Copy error details to clipboard in the error message and then examine the error details, information that resembles the following is displayed:
Exception Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.CorrelationFailedException Exception message: Meeting message with subject Meeting request could not be correlated because the target was recurring master and meeting message is occurrence. Call stack Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.MeetingMessage.GetCorrelatedItemInternal(Boolean cache) Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.MeetingMessage.GetCorrelatedItem() Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.MeetingMessage.UpdateCalendarItem() Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.MeetingUtilities.UpdateCalendarItem (MeetingRequest meetingRequest) Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Premium.EditMeetingInviteEventHandler.NonEditResponseInternal (Boolean sendResponse) Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Premium.EditMeetingInviteEventHandler.SendResponse()
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- You have a mailbox that is located on a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 mailbox server.
- You receive a recurring meeting request from a user who has a mailbox that is located on an Exchange 2003 mailbox server.
- The user who sent you the recurring meeting request updates the meeting request to remove the recurrence. Then, the user resends the meeting request.
To work around this problem, have the user who sent the meeting request cancel the meeting request. Then, have this user send a new meeting request that has only a single occurrence.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Additional query words: XCLN
Keywords: kberrmsg kbnofix kbbug kbtshoot kbprb KB931743