Microsoft KB Archive/931693
Article ID: 931693
Article Last Modified on 12/4/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune 30GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 4GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 80GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 8GB Digital Media Player
You may experience either of the following symptoms:
- When you try to send content from your Zune device to another Zune device, you receive the following error message:
- Not all the devices that are close to your device appear in the list on the nearby screen on your Zune device.
Either of the following conditions can cause this behavior:
- Either of the devices is not running the current device software.
- The other device has the wireless feature turned off.
THINGS TO TRY
- Connect each Zune device to a computer that has the current Zune software installed, and then update the device to the current device software. For more information about how to update the software on a Zune device, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
926770 How to update your Zune device
- Restart both Zune devices. To do this, set the hold switch to the unlocked position, and then press and hold the ack button as you press the top of the Zune pad. When the Zune device begins to restart, you can release the buttons.
- Turn on the wireless feature on the other device. To turn on the wireless feature, follow these steps:
- On the home screen, select settings, and then press the center of the Zune pad.
- On the settings screen, select wireless, and then press the center of the Zune pad.
- Select wireless, and then press the center of the Zune pad to change the setting to On.
- Press and hold the Back button to return to the home screen.
Keywords: kbzunesoftware kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB931693