Microsoft KB Archive/931402
Article ID: 931402
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional, when used with:
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003
- Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2003
You use either Microsoft Office Visio 2007 or Microsoft Office Visio 2003 on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows XP. You start to print a large drawing in Visio. When you click Cancel in the Print dialog box to cancel the print job, you experience one or both the following symptoms:
- Visio stops responding (hangs).
- You receive a Stop error message that resembles the following:
This problem occurs in situations in which Windows XP incorrectly processes the cancel operation.
To resolve this problem, apply the hotfix that is documented in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
887589 You receive a 0x0000008E Stop error message when you cancel a print job in Windows XP
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Additional query words: vso2007 visio2007
Keywords: kbtshoot kbbug kbprint kbexpertiseinter KB931402