Microsoft KB Archive/931059
Article ID: 931059
Article Last Modified on 11/30/2007
- PolicyMaker Standard Edition 1.0
- PolicyMaker Standard Edition 2.0
This article describes how to upgrade DesktopStandard PolicyMaker 1.
x to the latest version of PolicyMaker.
To upgrade PolicyMaker, follow these steps:
- Request a new license key from DesktopStandard. To do this, visit the following Web site:
- Download and then install the latest version of PolicyMaker. To do this, visit the following DesktopStandard Web site:
x. The snap-in extensions are plug-ins to the Group Policy Object Editor. You can view PolicyMaker policy items by opening a GPO.
- Import the new license key. You must update the license key on each GPO that has a current license key for PolicyMaker 1.
x. To make this operation easier, you can use the new license key to replace the existing the license key files in the GPO folders. On domain controllers, the GPO folders are in the following folder:
- Deploy the PolicyMaker client on the client computer. The installation file for the PolicyMaker client is an .msi package. You can deploy the PolicyMaker client by using the Software Installation Group Policy item in the GPO. The installation file is available in the following folder:
InstallationFolderrepresents the folder where PolicyMaker is installed. The new version of PolicyMaker client will overwrite the 1.
xversion. Therefore, you do not have to uninstall the 1.
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbhowto kbinfo KB931059