Microsoft KB Archive/931040
Article ID: 931040
Article Last Modified on 1/29/2007
- GPOVault Enterprise 2.0
This article describes how to change the owner of Desktop Standard GPOVault Enterprise after the GPOVault Enterprise server software installation is complete.
To change the owner of GPOVault after the GPOVault Enterprise server software installation is complete, follow these steps:
- Delete the following registry subkey:
- Use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to modify the GPOVault Enterprise server software settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the Currently installed programs list, click GPOVault Enterprise, and then click Change.
- In the GPOVault Enterprise Setup Wizard, click Next.
- On the Program Maintenance page, click Modify, and then click Next.
- Click Next until the GPOVault Owner dialog box appears.
- Select a new owner, and then complete the wizard.
- Manually edit the Gpostate.xml archive file.
Note We recommend that you back up the Gpostate.xml file. This file is stored in the archive location for GPOVault. If multiple archive locations exist in the domain, you must manually edit the file in each archive location.
To manually edit the Gpostate.xml archive file, follow these steps:
- Open the Gpostate.xml file in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Locate the first instance of the < SecurityDescriptor > tag, and then delete the text between the < SecurityDescriptor > tag and the </ SecurityDescriptor > tag. Then, delete these two tags.
- Save and then close the Gpostate.xml file.
Keywords: kbhowto kbexpertiseinter kbinfo KB931040